This is the project page for the LeaRN
Japanese RPG: Slime Forest Adventure.
SFA can teach you basic Japanese literacy with:
It's playable with a rough first draft story. There are demo and
registered versions available for Windows and Linux.
(OS X support coming soon through a play-in-browser web app version)
(contact by email -
all inquiries welcome)
Support development by becoming a member!
Membership costs $5 and gives access to the full Registered Version of
Slime Forest Adventure.
New version: Build 189 (changelog)
Sunday, September 9 2018
Demo version of Slime Forest Adventure:
- introduction to katakana and hiragana
- sample lesson in kanji
- the adventure begins with Episode 1
The Registered version additionally has:
- get comfortable with kanji
- learn to recognize and distinguish nearly 2,000 kanji
- readings training through vocabulary, with ~3,000 example words
- the adventure continues with a main quest and sidequests
- introductory vocabulary and grammar in Supplementary Training
Slime Forest Adventure
Fight slimes, save a princess, learn Japanese!
Tuesday, August 30
Game is now playable in the web browser. Should work decently on phones
and tablets. May still have major bugs, further improvements planned.
Monday, June 20
Moved to a new server. Please report any problems you notice.
Friday, May 13
Lowered price to $5. Now working on making the full game playable in the